9.12.2010

One Week Out

Since being home from New York, I have been continuously looking for a job. During a vacation to Florida with Ben, I started interviewing with the Jackson Hole News & Guide. On Friday I accepted a job offer and will be moving to Jackson, Wyoming in less than a week.

My job description, to put it simply, is to design the weekly newspaper. I am the sole designer. I am super excited about this opportunity to explore a new side of myself as a designer. But I'm sure it will be a challenge. Not only will every page be my responsibility, on a deadline, but I will not have other designers to bounce ideas off. I got used to having a group of twenty designers to go to while designing Vox. Now I will have feedback from editors, reporters and photographers, but no designers. Hopefully I will try to push myself out of my own comfort zone and stretch my creativity.

Part of this adventure will be moving to a town with 10,000 people. There is no Wal-Mart in Jackson. In fact there is not a Wal-Mart within 50 miles. I'm not as much scared about the size of Jackson as I am about the cold of Jackson. During my freshman year of college, right before winter hit, my friends laughed at my coat situation. Essentially I didn't have a winter coat. I would not be surprised if that happened again this winter in Jackson. But I'm ready for the snow, the cold and most of all, the mountains.

Follow my blog to hear about our 1,700 mile road trip (all with our dog Jeremy), our search for an apartment, my new exciting job, perhaps some wedding updates, my attempts to learn to ski or snowboard, and of course see gorgeous pictures of the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Pali! I am so excited for you and glad to hear that you are looking forward to building a new life for you (and Ben)! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete