11.03.2010

Halloween and Election

The past two weeks have been fairly busy in the newsroom. The week before the election, we came out with a General Election Special Section. It has all the important information about the contested races. I had to come up with a general illustration that showed the election and Wyoming.


Another fun project was the cover and doubletruck for the Wild and Scenic Film Festival. I only had provided photos to work with, but luckily, they were great quality. There were seven films in the festival, and I wanted to show all of them.

 

For Halloween we had a Stepping Out section full of spooky stories and event previews. The photographers did a great job of getting a cover shot from the high school Dracula play that was being put on. I made a 'spooky' logo to go on each page containing spooky stories, and I also used it for the cover.


All summer there is a photography class in the Jackson area that the News&Guide covers. At the end of the class, our photographers picked some of the best and most creative photos and I designed a doubletruck to show off the work of the seven photographers.

No comments:

Post a Comment